Millions of people are creating their “New Years Resolutions” where they commit to self-improvement like weight loss, kindness, learn a new language and the list goes on.
The New Year is all about new beginnings and a fresh start to a once chaotic life. As we strive for change, we often fall victim to our old nasty habits. We create incredibly high expectations and the first sign of trouble; we give up.
Social Media platforms have even made a mockery of this habit, by creating memes of people falling short on their resolutions. In January millions of people strive to do better, but research states only 12% are ever satisfied.
But I’m here to tell you that 2017 is YOUR YEAR! You have the power to make this the best year of your life.
You are worthy. You deserve everything your mind can imagine, and it’s about damn time you get it!
Each and every day you have the choice to make healthy changes in your life. You are free to choose your emotions and actions on a moment to moment basis. Every day you are either moving closer to your dreams or further away.
Never second guess your POWER to change your life.
You are your rescue - Lisa Nichols
The New Year is here, and for your resolutions to become your reality, you must take ACTION now to manifest your desires into your life. You must decide that here on out…you are committed to taking small actionable steps daily until you reach your goals.
Honestly, it’s up to YOU to change your reality. You have the power to get a new job. You have the authority to end that relationship. You have the authority to go back to school. You have the authority to do anything you want if you want it.
Every problem has solutions. You just have to be willing to accept the way out.
You have to be ready to step out of your COMFORT ZONE to get shit done.
Before I started my blog, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was working dead-end jobs, one after the other and with a questionable future. Ultimately, leaving me unfulfilled because I was trading my time for dollars and wasn’t getting paid my worth.
Traditionally, I was surrounded by people who are working 9-5 jobs, and they kept pressuring me to finish college. And lord knows I have tried, time and time again but that life isn’t for me.
I needed to step out of my comfort zone and figure out what my heart was craving, and I found it - coaching. I am now a transformative life coach, and I help women end their vicious cycle with limiting beliefs.
You have to be willing to step up! Face the unknown because that’s where the answers lie.
Are you willing to get messy? Are you ready to put in the hours?
People don’t achieve their highest level of potential because they are so focused on all the reasons it won’t work. Success (by any terms) means you have to be willing to get on your hands and knees in the mud and get messy.
I don’t believe in New Years Resolutions because Every Minute of Every Day is a chance for a fresh start.
Here are 5 Simple Tips to achieve your Best Year Yet
1. Create Healthy Habits: Old habits will NEVER give you new results.
2. Focus on a realistic time frame: there is no elevator to success, keep that in mind when you are creating deadlines for your goals.
3. Accountability Partner: Get a friend (personal or virtual) to join you on this journey. You are twice as likely to succeed if, you’re not going at it alone.
4. Failure is Nessacary: Failure is inevitable, and the sooner you accept it, the more successful you’ll be. The most successful people have failed the most. Bankruptcy’s, being fired from their jobs and even homelessness is a part of individuals success stories, but they never let anything stop them.
5. Consistency is key: If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get back up. You didn’t learn to walk the first time you tried, but here you are…walk. Hell even running. So keep at it because it will pay off.
Bonus Alert: Don’t Settle for the cards you were a given. Switch them out and get going because the game is starting with or without you.